Would you like to be part of a team that collaborates and realizes the potential for positive change?
- Staff benefit by reduced frustration, elimination of wasted time in the process, reduced errors, and better collaboration.
- Leaders benefit by more engaged staff, greater innovation and collaboration and reduced costs.
- Departments benefit by more transparency with engaged teams driving improvements that provide benefits to the customer.
Characteristics of Effective Teams
- Everyone participates to create change and has an equal voice.
- Focus on quality, results, and customer satisfaction.
- Does not let perfection get in the way-strives for incremental improvements.
- Goals are communicated, attainable and measurable.
- Success is celebrated.
- Diversity and adversity are embraced.
- Members continue to invest in professional development.
- Willingness to share successes and lessons learned with others.
Would you like to have an engaged team with a shared focus on improvement?
Lean process improvement has the ability to provide improvements in any environment. Transformation happens when leaders focus on engagement and empower employees to make meaningful change in their immediate environment.
The See It and Solve It Awards provides a guided method employees can use to offer suggestions for improvement in workflow processes. Lean events can not only provide your department with time and cost saving improvements, it provides an opportunity for increased collaboration, teamwork and engagement.
Leader Behavior Matters
- Lead with humility. Humility is an enabling principle that precedes learning and improvement.
- Practice the art of problem solving. Involve employees in improving the work done in their areas.
- Bring out the best in others. Recognize the work of others.
- Clearly communicate the direction and purpose of the organization to all. Develop goals and standards that are connected to the organization’s goals.
- Develop and increase the improvement capability of people.