In addition to viewing current and past issues of the newsletter by clicking the links below, you can also opt in to receive a paper copy of future newsletters.
Note: you must first be logged in to UI Self-Service for this link to work.
- Spring 2023: Are you ready to eat more fruits and vegetables? Branching out part two: expanded Tree Tour offerings and collaboration with the Pentacrest Museum. LivWell Seniors: Signs for at-risk seniors.
- Winter 2023: Read how visiting museums may give you a well-being boost, learn more about the Employee Assistance Program (UI EAP), and get health coach Sara Cathi's top 5 healthy eating tips.
- Fall 2022: Mental health well-being and resources, a Wellness Grant spotlight, flu information, recent PHA winners, and Wellness Heroes.
- Summer 2022: Creativity in the kitchen, Rec Services highlight, Wellness Grant Spotlight, and Summer Scavenger Hunt are featured.
- Spring 2022: Tips and resources for eating healthy, some select recipes from around the globe, as well as news about opportunities to explore campus this spring and summer.
- Winter 2022: Setting expectations and boundaries for work-life configurations, science- based tips for creating healthy habits in the new year, upcoming well-being programs including a new program to boost your well-being, and meet a new liveWELL team member!
- Fall 2021: Explore the benefits of a regular gratitude practice to protect mental and emotional well-being and find more information about our upcoming liveWELL trainings.
- Summer 2021: Campus experts to help us learn ways of coping as we reopen campus while also making plans to stay safe.
- Spring 2021: Information and tips from UI experts on how you can improve or maintain your financial and physical well-being. Small changes really do add up!
Winter 2021: Information and tips for how you can care for yourself in the new year. Discover opportunities for learning, accountability, and support. Learn what it means to find your personal path and actions you can take to keep putting one foot in front of the other.
- Fall 2020: This edition includes more health and well-being tips and resources from campus experts. Learn how you can take decisive action to move forward and stay healthy during the pandemic.
- Summer 2020: Tips from campus experts on how to cope, move forward, and optimize well-being during Covid-19, Four Pillars of Planning for Retirement: Part Three, Legacy, and Family Tips and Covered Preventive Dental Care for UI Employees.
- Spring 2020: Resilience resources during COVID-19, financial well-being, Mindfulness programs, sleep resources, and spring produce ideas.
- Winter 2020: New diabetes prevention and weight management programs; suicide prevention; financial planning and long-term care considerations
- Fall 2019: Social media and well-being; elder care counseling and guidance; flu vaccine clinics;, UI Health Fair 2019; weathering financial market volatility
- Summer 2019: Social connectedness and a thriving campus; new elder care support and guidance program; TIAA Q&A; liveWELL training
- Spring 2019: Farmers' markets; fast and fabulous meals; growing food indoors; tips for severe weather
- Winter 2019: Exercise as medicine; on-campus activity options; shedding light on seasonal affective disorder; Wellness Heroes
- Summer 2018: Work, life and well-being throughout the employee life cycle; TIAA Online resources; Walking Scavenger Hunt 2018
- Spring 2018: Health and well-being when you need us; health coach spotlight; 10 reasons to meet with a TIAA consultant
- Winter 2018: Local leader, local culture; managing your money from your phone; Live Heathy Iowa 2018
- Fall 2017: All about health coaching
- Summer 2017: Focus on personal sustainability; standing workstations; Walking Scavenger Hunt 2017
- Spring 2017: Focus on self-care; upcoming groups (caregivers, parents, anti-inflammatory eating)
- Winter 2017: Being your best at work, home, and everywhere in between